Our population is aging. As time goes on certain changes in your home can make it more comfortable, safer and suitable for your changing needs. Grab bars for stability, lifts to avoid steep staircases, additional lighting or runners on slippery surfaces; these are all projects that we can help with to help you enjoy your home safely and as long as possible. Give us a call and let us know how we can make your home more comfortable and safer for you.
Here are some of the adjustments that can make your home more accessible. Some of your home renovation needs are eligible for the “Healthy Home Renovation Tax Credit”. Ask us if your home accessibility renovation applies.
- grab bars and related reinforcements around the toilet, tub and shower
- handrails in corridors
- wheelchair ramps, stair/wheelchair lifts and elevators
- walk-in bathtubs
- wheel-in showers
- comfort height toilets
- passage door widening
- lowered kitchen counters/cupboards
- adjustable counters/cupboards
- adjusted light switches and electrical outlets for accessibility
- easily operated door locks
- lever handles on doors and taps, instead of knobs
- pull-out shelves under counter to enable work from a seated position
- non-slip flooring
- hand-held shower fixtures on an adjustable rod or high-low mounting brackets
- additional light fixtures throughout the home and exterior entrances
- swing clear hinges on doors to widen doorways
- built-in knee space under sink basins to enable use from a seated position
- hands-free taps
- motion-activated lighting
- touch-and-release drawers and cupboards
automatic garage door openers
Looking for help maintaining the health of your home? Please visit our sister company Elder Independence.
Elder Independence helps you protect two of your most valuable possessions: your home and your freedom. A Waterloo-based home maintenance company, Elder Independence offers home maintenance packages designed to relieve the stress and hard work of maintaining your home’s integrity so that you can focus on what matters to you most.